- writing software - see www.wandercoding.com
- teaching judo - see www.rso.cornell.edu/judo and cornelljudo.wordpress.com
- writing about writing software - see www.wandercoding.com/book
- writing creative fiction - that's part of what this site is about.
- volunteer with the Varna Fire Company - www.varnafire.org
- invent games - that's another part of this site.
Why the name Imaginary Judo?
The name is derived from two places. 1) I read a book a few years ago called Verbal Judo, about communicating using the principles of judo. 2) A while ago, I was thinking about my students not attacking in judo, in effect, practicing negative judo. Then I thought of the old math equation - the root (square root) of a negative number is an imaginary number. Thus, the root of negative judo is imaginary judo - you think you're really doing judo, but you're just imagining it.
In this context, Imaginary Judo is using the principles of judo (maximum efficiency and mutual welfare) and using my imagination in accordance with those principles. It sounds more complicated than it is. I just thought it would be an interesting and unique name for a blog.